In the wake of COVID-19, CONNECT ALL @ the Jacobs Center has compiled a list of resources for current business owners, those wanting to start a business, ways to support current CAJC startups, and helpful tools and tips!
For Business Owners
We know that owning a small business during this time is difficult since revenue is often driven by customers visiting a physical space or in-person interactions. Here are some resources that may help your business:
- U.S. Small Business Administration: COVID-19 Guidance & Loan Resources
- San Diego Workforce Partnership: COVID-19 Updates for Businesses
- Facebook: Business Resource Hub
- Harvard Business Review: “Lead Your Business through the Coronavirus Crisis“
- Insights by Stanford Business: “Working from Home? Here’s How to be More Effective“
- SCORE: How Small Businesses Can Prepare for Coronavirus
- Small Business Majority: Statewide Updates for California Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
- Verizon-LISC COVID-19 Recovery Fund
For Starting a Business
If you’ve always wanted to start a business and are finding a lot of time on your hands – this is your time to be proactive! Here are two key resources that can help you with the beginning stages of starting a business:
- The resource-packed “10 Key Steps to Starting a Business” by our partner, the City of San Diego’s Economic Development Department – from researching the basics to learning the details of tax, legal and financial processes.
- Start-Up Toolkit: a folder of key documents for starting a business plan, comparing loan options, etc.
Support CAJC’s Businesses
Our current and former business accelerator cohort members have a variety of products and services for delivery, to-go and virtually! Consider supporting these San Diego businesses to fill your various at-home needs:
- Assistance going virtual with Blue Surf I.T.
- Home-cooked meals prepared and delivered by a chef from Cook Casa
- Coffee drinks to go at The Dojo Cafe
- Planning corporate gifting to keep your business top-of-mind with Gifting Made
- A craft cocktail subscription box created by Good Time Cocktail Co.
- Pick up and curbside donuts and bagels at Nomad Donuts
- Locally roasted coffee, available for delivery by eco-friendly scooter in some areas, from Parabola Coffee
- ATI TEAS exam prep with Prenursing Smarter, a comprehensive studying program created for busy people
- Skin and hair care products from Shukor Bella
- Bar tools to build up your at-home bar arsenal from Standard Spoon
- Sunscreen to complete your skincare routine thanks to SurfDurt
- Website development services from UPtalent
Tips & Tools
Stay informed with the latest information available to the community:
- City of San Diego: Coronavirus Information Page and Business Relief & Support
- SD Workforce Partnership: COVID-19 Updates for Workers
- 2-1-1: COVID-19 FAQ & Assistance Page
- San Diego Union-Tribune: Live Updates
- Zoom in the Time of Captivity: 5 Tips for the Perfect Zoom Meeting
- CDC: Manage Anxiety & Stress
CONNECT ALL @ the Jacobs Center will be temporarily closed through the end of the month. All workshops and office hours will be held virtually. We are happy to help with business resources virtually; please email Selena Ellis-Vizcarra at firstname.lastname@example.org.