Training Topics: Government Contracting, Selling to Government, Woman-owned Businesses
The 2-hour Introduction to Government Contracting workshop focuses on providing useful information about supplier diversity benefits. Topics covered include:
- Introductory session to cover Small Business Enterprise, Women Owned, Minority Owned, Veteran Owned, Disadvantaged, and Disabled Veteran Owned Business
- Overview of Federal, State, Local Government and University of San Diego certification programs available to small businesses
- Benefits of certification
- Understanding who accepts certifications
- Identifying certifying agencies
- Eligibility requirements
- University of San Diego & County of San Diego procurement process
Innovate-Up is a free, immersive, and integrated public-private partnership between the University of San Diego and County Board of Supervisor Nathan Fletcher to lift-up the communities of Chollas, City Heights, Encanto, Linda Vista, Rolando, and Redwood Village. Innovate Up will give wings to ideas, helping small businesses soar, and assist communities to reach new heights.
More than a short-term business incubator or accelerator, Innovate Up takes a deep dive and stays with entrepreneurs and businesses for the long haul. All inclusive, infrastructure rich, one-on-one consulting, mindfully crafted mentorship with industry leaders; we tackle all of the verticals for success: marketing, business development, operations, finance, product market fit, product development, customer fit, investor relations, distribution, manufacturing selection, and legal support.